Wednesday 1 April 2009

How to invest in my Child Trust Fund

1. Shares should give a better return over 18 years.

2. Large providers are less likely to go bust.

3. My wife doesn't trust my investing abilities so a stakeholder CTF is the way to go.

4. If my wife doesn't trust me, I don't trust individual fund managers, so a index tracker is the best shares option.

5. We want to save the planet so tracking an ethical index seems like the best idea, although these don't seem to perform as well as some of the other indexes.

6. Family Investments just moved their ethical CTF from an actively managed fund to one that tracks the FTSE4good index (good idea considering the huge loss this fund has made over the last couple years!). Although other providers (e.g, CIS/Children's Mutual) provide a similar option, the size of Family Investments reassures me.

7. All the stakeholder funds seem to charge the maximum 1.5% and also seem to allow transfers out so this doesn't seem to be a worry.

8. If any well informed investor stumbles across my blog and can advise me why my reasoning is bad please tell me so that I can transfer to a better option!!

No comments:

Post a Comment