Friday 20 July 2007

The beginning

Science and faith are always in conflict. On one side there are the fundamental religious believers who are keen to warp and distort both science and scripture so that they fit their narrow interpretations of the world. On the other side there are the fundamental atheists whose cynicism and confrontational style suggests a chip on their shoulder and an intellectual stubborness. When the two meet there are flames that destroy all and sundry.

Between the two we have more moderate believers, people like myself who have been trained in science (I hold a PhD in Biochemistry) but are also believers in God (I am a member of the Anglican church). I consider myself a person of faith, despite the objections of some fundamental Christians I have come across. I also consider myself someone who examines evidence fairly, despite the objections of some fundamental atheists I have come across.

This is a blog where I can air my frustrations and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment